- SBA’s Managing Your Finances
- Personal Financial Statement – SBA.gov
- How to Improve Your Credit Score (Wells Fargo)
- Financial Templates – from SCORE
- US Dept of Agriculture Loan Programs For Farms and Rural Businesses
- SBA Loan Programs
- SBA South Florida Resource Guide – Lenders start on page 27
- SBA North Florida Resource Guide – Lenders start on page 27
- SBA Microloan Lenders
- IRS Small Businesses and Self-Employed Tax Center
Funding Info – grants, competitions, etc.
The following are legitimate offers by various agencies and organizations. It is your responsibility to review them carefully to determine if you qualify for the opportunities.
- Federal Grant Opportunities – The federal government does not offer grants or “free money” to individuals to start a business or cover personal expenses, contrary to what you might see online or in the media. Websites or other publications claiming to offer “free money from the government” are often scams. Report them to the Federal Trade Commission. You may search this site and filter grants for small businesses.
- Florida Department of Grants System – The Florida Department of State Grants allow Floridians to apply for and manage grants offered by the Department of State through the Divisions of Cultural Affairs, Elections, Historical Resources and Library and Information Services.
- American’s Seed Fund – SBIR is focused on high-risk, high-impact technologies with highly competitive programs that encourage domestic small businesses to engage in Federal Research/Research and Development (R/R&D) with the potential for commercialization.
- Art Business Accelerator Grant – For visual artists
- BIPOC Small Business Grant – For Black, Indigenous, or People of Color
- Black Founder Start-Up Grant – For Black women or non-binary entrepreneurs
- Bob Woodruff Foundation Grant – Non-profits serving military/veteran community to improve health & wellbeing
- Eileen Fisher Grants for Women – register for email updates
- Elevate Fund – For expert guidance & funds to meet critical business needs
- Enterprise Florida’s Microfinance Guarantee Program – Florida business growth & exports
- Farmer Veteran Fellowship Fund – To assist veterans & current military embark on agricultural careers (application deadline is 2/14/2022)
- FedEx Small Business Grants – See website for details
- Foundation for a Just Society – For women, girls, and LGBTQI people affected by injustice
- Funding Options for Minority Owned Businesses – Article from US Chamber of Commerce
- Funding Options for Women Owned Businesses – Article from US Chamber of Commerce
- Galaxy Grant – To help minority and women entrepreneurs succeed
- GoFundMe’s Small Business Relief Initiative – Supporting small businesses affected by COVID-19
- IFundWomen COVID-19 Relief Grants – Supporting women entrepreneurs
- Kim Perrell Fund – Submit a 2-minute YouTube video for consideration
- KKR Small Business Builder Grants – Supporting small businesses affected by COVID-19
- LISC Grants – grants and related information
- NASE – For self-employed members of the National Association of Self-Employed
- National Veterans Business Battle – For early stage businesses; connect w/investors, advisers & resources (application deadline is 2/5/2022)
- SBA Grant Information – Information for states and limited community organizations
- SOAR – Southern Opportunity and Resilience Fund
- SoGal – For Black and Black Multiracial Women and Non-Binary Entrepreneurs
- Startout Founder Program – For LGBTQ+ entrepreneurs
- State Trade Expansion Program (STEP) – SBA – Helps small businesses participate in foreign trade
- StreetShares Foundation Grants for Veterans/Families – to inspire, educate &support the military entrepreneurial community
- Legal Requirements for Small Business
- Choosing a Business Structure – Sole Prop, LLC, etc. explained
- How to Pay Yourself as an Entrepreneur
- Business Laws That Might Impact Your Business
- Patents and Trademarks
- Patent and Intellectual Property
- Business Transition Planning (Death, Disability, Divorce, Disagreement, Distress)
The Florida Veterans Business Outreach Center is funded in part through a cooperative agreement with Gulf Coast State College and the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA). All opinions, conclusions, and/or recommendations expressed herein are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the SBA.